Missing man's body found off Cork
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/europe/8153445.stm Version 0 of 1. Divers searching for a father and his 13-year-old son off the Cork coast have recovered the man's body. Piotr Latek, from Poland, and his son Matthias went missing on Sunday after going on a fishing trip in the Cod's Head area. The 44-year-old's body was recovered on Wednesday morning near the Natural Arch, just south of Cod's Head. The Irish Coastguard resumed their search operation for the missing teenager on Thursday morning. Mr Latek was working as a baker while his wife and only child remained in Poland. The boy had been on holiday visiting his father. The two are said to have gone fishing at Kenmare, before driving along the coast road towards Allihies in west Cork. Their car was found at the entrance to a pathway towards the rocks at Cod's Head, a remote and exposed part of the coastline. It is thought they may have been swept from the rocks there in high winds and sea conditions. Angling equipment found on the rocks has been identified as belonging to the missing pair. Mr Latek's father has arrived in Ireland and his wife is expected later on Thursday. Manuela Goeb, the owner of the Breadcrumb Bakery where Mr Latek worked, said a fund has been set up to help Mr Latek's widow with the expense of returning her husband's body to Poland for his funeral. |